CFP deadline is extended to September 15th, 2013!!
We’ve gotten some fantastic proposals so far, but we’re also getting requests for an extension. That end-of-summer rush of traveling and getting ready for the next school year is an issue for many of us this time of year. So, we’re extending it one month. This way, people can get settled into their Fall routines and get their OCMT proposals submitted!
We know there are a few of you who are finishing up your proposals now – please still try to get them in ASAP!
When deciding on what you would like to submit, keep a few things in mind.
1. The conference is conducted via an online meeting platform. This means that you will sit in front of your webcam and present to everyone sitting in front of his or her computer at home.
2. We are asking that proposals be submitted in English and that presentations be completed in English as well. We are unable to provide interpreters at this time, though we love this idea for future OCMT conferences and envision future growth in this direction.
3. When choosing your topics be sure that it is relevant to an international audience.
4. Because of the specifications of continuing education requirements in the United States, we need all of the information requested in the Call for Papers. Even if you are not a US resident, you will still need to complete all information requested.
5. Be creative! Want to show off something amazing you are doing in your practice? Submit it! Are you using something innovative? Share it!
Call for Papers are due by September 15, 2013 at Midnight, GreenwichMeanTime. The committee will review them and notifications will be sent. Once the sessions are determined, the Continuing Education Committee will be able to make determinations for pre-approved continuing education hours.
This is a grassroots project among music therapy professionals from around the world. We invite you to join us in being a part of this exciting journey in our field!