What is the Online Conference for Music Therapy (OCMT)?
The OCMT is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization that provides educational online events relevant to the field of Music Therapy. OCMT fulfills its mission in three ways:
- Hosting our annual online conference which is always held the first weekend of February.
- Putting on a variety of short symposia events that are held throughout the year.
- Consulting with international music therapy organizations who want to offer online conference events.
Read our corporate bylaws here.
Mission and Objectives
Valuing inclusivity, accessibility and international exchange and collaboration, the OCMT exists to:
- Host an online conference and events that allow for music therapists from around the world to share their knowledge.
- Provide music therapists with access to a state-of-the-art conference and world-class expertise.
- Establish an inclusive conference experience for attendees with disabilities. To do this, OCMT looks for and uses conference delivery software that keeps these factors in mind.
- Make the international conference experience accessible. The OCMT does this through affordable rates and scholarships for students and professionals.
The internet makes it possible for music therapists around the world to feel less professionally isolated. The OCMT uses this technology to help disseminate international practices, views, and concerns. This is because the profession benefits from learning about and from cross-cultural practices. To this end, the OCMT also seeks to provide quality materials about the practice of music therapy for use by educators and members of the public.
How Does an Online Music Therapy Conference Work?
Our online music therapy conference is a live recorded event. Registered attendees can watch as many sessions live as they want or they may wait to view them at a later time. Recordings of all sessions are available for attendees to watch for up to a month after the live event. This allows music therapists from all over the world to “attend” the OCMT when it is convenient to them.
The next conference date is February 6, 2021, GMT.
We look forward to having you participate in the conference this year. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us here.